Thursday, January 27, 2011

Koala Onesie

I've been slowing putting together a care package for a special friend who is also having a little girl in April. I wanted to make her something for her new arrival that is somewhat personalized, I know her favorite color is pink and she loves koalas.
I am a bit of a perfectiveness & hadn't had a clear idea of what I wanted the finish product to look like, so this project has been started & restarted several times (the reason why it took months to finish). I tried using several different materials (yarn, tulle, embroidery thread, felt), at one point the onesie was partially knitted, had a pink tutu, and had handmade felt flowers on it. But I needed to "edit" my ideas, so this came up with:

I ended up just using gray & black felt, a little bit of pink fabric and some embroidery thread to finish it up. I like they way it turned out, it is a goofy koala but it's cute.
Here's a close up:

1 comment: