Monday, January 31, 2011

My expensive hobby!

I am excited to be making two cakes (well actually 3) in the next few months, I am making two smash (small) cakes for my friend's twin girls first birthday, next week (I need to get cooking!) and I am making a wedding cake for a friend in May. I'm very excited!
I purchased some used baking pans from a woman on craigslist for $30, probably would have cost about $100 new, so I am pretty pleased. I purchased some cake boards (the piece of cardboard that the cake sits on) from Fante's, a kitchenwares shop in South Philadelphia that has everything I might want for cake decorating and cooking in general (if I only had a couple hundred dollars to play with).
image 2131086291-0
my craigslist find!
Since I am starting the two little smash cakes this week to be ready for the weekend, I purchased ingredients this weekend: flour, butter, baking powder, eggs, applesauce, cream cheese, powdered sugar, brown sugar and a bunch of other things I needed...Total = $35 

I really hope this turns out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment